Hunting at night requires that you have the right optic scope. Various night hunting scopes are available in the market. Getting the best scope requires that you know what each optic scope has to offer in terms of capability, convenience, functionality and key features and specification, with the emergence of digital scopes that offer improved imaging at night and versatility. Shooters and hunters have now shifted to using digital riflescopes. In this Sightmark photon rt review, you will get to know why hunters and shooters prefer this particular night scope when hunting at night.
Best Sightmark Photon Rt Reviews – Comparison
You May Also Check!
01: Sightmark Photon XT 6.5×50L Digital Night Vision Riflescope Review
Sightmark Photon XT is engineered to offer value to the hunters and shooters. It is made of high quality materials to withstand harsh weather conditions. It conforms to MIL-Pec standards and requirements. This optic scope has an integrated IR illuminator to offer light for a high quality image of the object both at night and during the day.
There are advanced image intensifiers with 64-72lp/mm with a figure of merit of not less than 1600. By using red dot technology, the shooter can tell the animals position and make the shot while hunting. This riflescope features a high power built-in Infrared illuminator to help you see in low light conditions or total darkness while hunting or observing an object.
Locating the target is accurate and quick using the 3x or 5x magnifier lenses. The excess light exposure cut-off sensor promotes the durability of the scope and its use during daylight hours. The buttons can easily be accessed when controlling the reticle or IR illuminator. The holographic or reflex sight allows you to view the animal or object at a distance. The rugged design of the optic scope makes it superior when undertaking surveillance functions. This particular functionality is enhanced by the night vision monocular suited for observational purposes. The 2AA batteries offer 20 hours of battery life when the IR illuminator is activated and 72 hours when the IR illuminator is not in use.
- The battery life is 20 hours with IR and 72 hours without IR
- The riflescope has 2x magnification with 24mm lens diameter
- It has an eye relief of 12mm with a field of view of 25 degrees
- It has a tripod mount of ¼ inch
- The dioptre adjustment is +/-5 with a minimum focusing distance of 1m
- It has a resolution of 36mm
- 2AA batteries power the scope
Features at a Glance
- The scope has a reflex sight or holographic sight
- It has two-colour range finding reticle with incremental reticle brightness adjustment
- It has a close observation range of focus of 1m
- The scope has ¼ inch socket for tripod or accessories
- It has an integrated IR illuminator with an IR on indicator
- Scope offers high quality image and resolution
- IPX4 rating offers protection against water intrusion
- Has a battery life of 72 hours without IR and 20 hours with IR
- The infrared illuminator helps you see in total darkness
- It has a durable titanium body
- Comes with a durable nylon carrying case and lens cloth
- The scope is designed to co-witness with a reflex sight
- Automatically shut off when exposed to bright light enhancing its longevity
- The scope falls apart since it had no screws
- It doesn’t turn as expected to offer clarity of the image
02: Sightmark Photon RT 4.5- 9×42S Digital Night Vision Riflescope Review
Sightmark photon rt 4.5×42s review is all about the essential features and specifications that the optic scope has and beneficial aspect brought to the users. This particular digital night vision scope has a built-in IR illuminator that allows the shooter to easily get a target that is 280 yards away while in total darkness. The focus beam adjustment in the IR illuminator allows the beam to focus to centre on the Sightmark photon field of view.
The built-in six reticle options with four colours that are interchangeable provide an affective and customized shot. It also features the upgraded 768×576 CMOS sensor that has a higher resolution compared to another photon XT series. There is also the IP55 rating that offers protection against water.
The crisp 640×480 LCD offers built-in video or sound recording. The Stream vision app allows wireless streaming of videos to Youtube or other smart devices. The scope is equipped with a variable magnification of 2x. The 4.5x photon changes to 9x when the digital zoom of 2x is applied. The Sightmark photon rt battery pack allows the shooter to quickly and easily swap the dead batteries with new ones without missing an action.
It has a micro-USB port to place power banks and transfers the video or audio recording to your desktop or laptop. It works with aftermarket 30mm rings implying that you can place various rifles on this optic scope. The additional weaver rail provides storage for your accessories.
- The Sightmark Photon has a magnification of 4.5 to 9
- The 4AA batteries offer 3.5 hours with IR illuminator
- It has a range detection of 220 yards in total darkness
- There is a 2x magnification on the objective lens size of 42mm
- It has a sensor resolution of 768×576 pixels
- The Sightmark photon 4.5-9×42s weighs only 30.7 oz
- It has a field of view of 22.5 at 100 yards
Features at a Glance
- It has a built-in IR illuminator for use in low ambient conditions
- Six reticle options provide the one-zero shot function with four different colours
- It has a variable magnification of 4.5 to 9
- There is a quick change battery pack included in the optic scope
- It has a 5V MicroUSB port with an additional weaver rail
- Optical scope allows you to hone in the target of up to 280 yards
- Integrated wireless streaming using the Stream vision app
- The 2x variable magnification provides multiple functionalities
- Quick-change battery pack allows the hunter to swap dead batteries easily
- Built-in reticle options provide an effective and customize hit
- An additional weaver rail for accessories
- Photon RT works with most aftermarket 30mm rings
- Upgraded 768×576 provides a forty percent higher resolution
- The scope is durable due to its rugged shape and bright light-resistant feature
- Battery life is only 2 hours with IR
- The cover doesn’t remain closed
- The scope icons that are on the menu are very small
03: Sightmark Photon RT 6-12×50S Digital Night Vision Riflescope Review
In this sightmark photon rt 6-12x50s review the various features of the scope are discussed at length. This also includes the merits and demerits of the scope. This scope provides unmatched performance due to its revamped features. It is suitable for use during the day and night. The upgraded 768×576 CMOS sensor has a forty percent higher resolution compared to photon xt series.
The built-in 850nm LED IR illuminator 2x digital zoom allows the shooters and hunters to get closer to the target that is up to 280 yards away while in total darkness. The IR illuminator is also equipped with focus beam adjustment to allow the illuminator to be centred and focus the beam on the photon rt field of view. It also offers Wi-Fi remote view of video and sound recordings through the pulsar Stream vision app.
With its 6 reticle options with four different colors, the scope offers one-shot zero function. By utilizing the 2x digital zoom the 6x magnification will be changed to 12x magnification. You will not miss a beat when you use the quick-change battery pack. This is because it easier to take out dead batteries and place new ones without starting the audio or video recording.
The 5V MicroUSB allows you to place a backup power source and also upload the video or audio recording to your laptop or desktop. Variable magnification allows you to change from the optical magnification to the 2x digital zoom.
The scope has a clear crisp 640×480 LCD display to view the object in the darkness. Adjusting the IR illuminator is done using the controller knob on the scope. These are some of the beneficial values that shooters get in this Sightmark photon rt review.
- Scope has a magnification range of 6-12x
- The field of view at 100 yards is 18
- Has an objective lens of 50mm
- It has a range detection of 280 yards
- Battery life of the 4AA batteries is 3.5 hour with IR
- It has a sensor resolution of 768×576 pixels
- The scope weighs only 32.8 oz
Features at a Glance
- Has a built-in 850nm LED IR illuminator with 2x digital zoom
- The IR illuminator is equipped with focus beam adjustment
- Features an upgraded 768×576 CMOS sensor
- The scope has an integrated Wi-Fi via the Stream Vision app
- Has built-in video recording and crisp 640×480 LCD
- The variable magnification allows change from optical magnification to 2x digital zoom
- The hunter easily swaps dead batteries using the quick-change battery pack
- Riflescope has six reticle options with four different colours to boast one-zero function
- Has an IR illuminator for use in complete darkness
- The upgraded 768× 576 CMOS sensor has forty percent higher resolution
- Resistant when exposed to bright light
- Wi-Fi remote view through the pulsar Stream vision app
- The micro USB port offers external power for stable, reliable recording
- It doesn’t work well during the day
- The battery life is very low
- Display of the scope is not as expected
Q: Can I attach a higher power ir light to my rifle to increase the range of the scope?
Yes. You can attach a higher power Ir. The additional weaver rail can be used to attach better Ir lights. If you want to shoot at 100 yards and more you need to attach the custom made Ir illuminator. This gives you a higher range in the dark.
Q: Tell me about Sightmark xt vs rt?
When you are looking at the Sightmark photon xt vs rt, you need to check on their similarities and differences. The major difference between the scopes is the battery life and use of the scope. The xt has a longer battery life and a lower resolution. The rt, on the other hand, has a shorter battery life with a higher resolution.
Q: How do you get the lens cap to flip down instead of sideways?
The lens cap or mounting ring is tight over the objective lens. You should take caution before rotating it. You just need to pry the assembly off using your hand and rotate the lens cap to the desired position. Then press it back on.
Q: Does the new ft have the crossbow reticle?
Yes. It has two crossbow reticles. The Sightmark photon xt has a magnification level of 4.6. Such magnification is good for night vision. It is also suitable for crossbows since they are not long-range weapons.
Q: Can I hook up my phone to this somehow and see through it?
Yes. You can hook up your phone to Sightmark photon rt using the MicroUSB and use at as viewfinder. The pulsar stream vision app enables this functionality since the RT has been upgraded to connect with your smart devices easily.
The Sightmark photon rt series offers great versatility to the users. This is because it can be used during the day and night. This particular digital night scope has unique features that make it ideal and the best for shooting and hunting at night.
The photon xt also offers a longer battery life and rugged design to enhance its durability while out in the field. This is the best night vision scope for hog hunting. Selecting between the Sightmark xt or rt depends entirely on your needs. Check on this Sightmark photon rt review and decide whether this scope meets your specification while shooting or hunting at night.