How much a loft bed really means to you?
Is it just a bed with some fun for kids, or just a space saving idea in your bedroom? For us, one of the best loft beds is way more than that.
First of all, most of us recognize loft beds only for kids. For adults, we prefer anything except loft beds. Reasons? Maybe the less space on the beds, or the lack of design and durability, or anything else. However, if you’ve been thinking quite like this, you were in an entirely wrong space.
Loft beds are great, both for adults and kids. And throughout today’s review, we have been collecting the best models that might put a smile on your face. Apparently, we didn’t merely listed the models but also reviewed than in an ascending way.
Go through the article and you will be a fan of these beds, we promise-
- 11 Best Loft Beds – Comparison Table
- Best Loft Beds – Buying Guide
- Top 6 best loft beds for kids
- 01: DHP Abode Full-Size Loft Bed Review
- 02: DHP Junior Loft Bed Review
- 03: DONCO Kids 760-CP Low Study Loft Bed Review
- 04: Canwood Whistler Junior Loft Bed Review
- 05: DHP Junior Twin Metal Loft Bed with Slide Review
- 06: WE Furniture Premium Twin Metal Loft Bed Review
- Top 5 Best Loft Beds for Adults
- 01: Twin Over Full Loft Bed in Merlot Finish Review
- 02: DHP X-Loft Metal Bunk Bed Frame with Desk Review
- 03: DHP Abode Full-Size Loft Bed Metal Frame Review
- 04: Coaster Home Furnishings Modern Convertible Twin over Twin Workstation Review
- 05: Coaster Fine Furniture 460023 Loft Bed Review
11 Best Loft Beds – Comparison Table
| DHP Abode |
Full-Size Loft Bed
# Dimension: 57.5 x 80 x 72”
|DHP Junior Loft Bed|
# Dimension: 78 x 41.5 x 50”
| DONCO Kids 760-CP |
Low Study Loft Bed
# Dimension: 79 x 43 x 41”
| Canwood Whistler |
Junior Loft Bed
# Dimension: 79.4 x 42.1 x 45.7”
| DHP Junior Twin Metal |
Loft Bed with Slide
# Dimension: 77.5 x 41.5 x 43”
| WE Furniture Premium |
Twin Metal Loft Bed
# Dimension: 79 x 42 x 68”
| Twin Over Full Loft Bed |
In Merlot Finish
# Dimension: 57 x 98 x 63”
| DHP X-Loft Metal Bunk Bed |
Frame with Desk
# Dimension: 77 x 57 x 72”
| DHP Abode Full-Size |
Loft Bed Metal Frame
# Dimension: 57.5 x 80 x 72”
| Coaster Home Furnishings |
Modern Convertible Twin
over Twin Workstation
# Dimension: 81.5 x 42.7 x 72”
| Coaster Fine Furniture |
460023 Loft Bed
# Dimension: 74.5 x 5.5 x 63”
Best Loft Beds – Buying Guide
Loft beds are just close cousins of bunk beds. But as you look at them, you can certainly tell the differences. It’s a combination of a bed and some other setup beneath it. The bed is lifted up with supports to get you the real feel of ‘sleeping high’. But in case the space in your room isn’t enough, you can use the space under the bed for any purpose. Usually, there is a table or sitting place settled up in this very space.
However, we have got the list of buying factors that would help you to buy a great loft bed for you. Go through the points below-
What Size Should You Buy?
The primary buying factor is obviously the size. Because that’s what you’re worried, and looking for a space-saving solution. However, the size depends on both its dimensions and your lifestyle.
Usually, there are these many sizes of available loft beds-
- Twin sized loft beds.
- Full double sized loft beds.
- Queen sized loft beds.
- King sized loft beds.
How Much Space You Need for Head
Headroom is important for a loft bed because sometimes it becomes so tiny that you may face problems. It’s the space between the top of your mattress and the ceiling.
Usual loft beds have a ceiling of 8′, 9′ or 10′. A good loft bed should have a headspace of minimum 30 inches or more. Also, we have found models that cover 41 inches or 53 inches of headspace. And that’s even better. But each and every one of these sizes is based on the height of your ceilings.
While choosing the perfect headroom space, make sure you have enough of it to climb up and get settled on the bed.
The Type of Mattress
The mattress is, of course, the heart of your comfort and pleasure whenever you think of a bed. No matter it’s a bunk bed or loft bed, a good mattress is equally important.
However, in the case of loft beds, the mattress need not be too high. For standard measures, we suggest using one with a height of 8″ to 12″.
Top 6 best loft beds for kids
It’s a great fun source if a kid gets some space to have fun with. But so far, parents were all busy with dealing with the little space in kid’s room. But wait, and check out these best loft beds for kids-
You know how much tests and tortures we do while we declare a product as the #1 of our list. But this time, we had not even any single confusion to declare the DHP Abode Full-Size Loft Bed as the topper of picks.
It’s a great pick for adults, and kids even love it equally. The compact footprint and fun elements that come with it are really worth the money. So many families are using it with satisfaction, and we hope you will be one of them.
Have a look at the details below-
- If you don’t want to sacrifice the comfort and still want to get the most out of your small space, this is the best one to pick.
- Made out of Silver colored steel frame combined with a black desk and shelves with it.
- It has a great height under the bed that can be used for any purpose. To be precise, you will have a 72″ of height for that purpose.
- Contains two different ladders to climb from two sides.
- The idea of it’s simple but sophisticated design makes it everyone’s favorite. Alongside, it comes in two different designs.
- Can be used both for kids and adults. No matter it’s the dorm room, or a spare room, or a little kid’s bedroom, it fits right in.
- Both for adults, professionals, and kids.
- Perfectly designed for small spaced bedrooms.
- Silver steel frame.
- A workstation with a couple of shelves.
- 71 inches of height available under the bed.
- A quite much assembly required.
Right here, we have a loft bed that’s not so complicated in design, and pretty much the ‘simplest’ loft bed of the market. If you don’t require a complex structure with no dual ladders, or complex workstations under the bed, the DHP Junior Loft Bed is for you.
From structure to design, everything is made to be so perfect for those who are a little tight in budget. And therefore, this is one of the best loft beds for a budget.
However, we’ve got some more features broken down for you. Have a look-
- DHP Junior Loft Bed is all about mental strength. Starting from the bed and rail to the ladder- everything is made of metal.
- The space down the bed is made to be used as a storage for your essentials.
- The height of the loft bed is about 50 inches. The less height may seem insufficient at first. But think about younger find it difficult to climb high. The 3-steps ladder would be a great fit for them.
- With a carrying capacity of 200 pounds, it can accommodate even healthiest of the kids.
- among all of the top picks, this simple loft bed maybe contains the top number of color variations. From 5 special designed colors, you can choose one that suits your house bed.
- Metal frame, rail, and ladder.
- A perfect pick for young children.
- 200 pounds capacity.
- Simple, space saving design.
- A space under the bed to be used as storage.
- A great budget-friendly price.
- 5 different colors to chose from.
- Less space to use the down-space as a workstation.
Want to experience the most featureful space that any loft bed can ever have? You must have a look at the impressive DONCO Kids 760-CP Low Study Loft Bed. This dark cappuccino colored bed has literally three different sections to house an entire desk, three drawers and two bookshelves in it.
To have more insight on other features of it, keep reading-
- The first impression it drew on us is with its outlook. The entire setup(including the table) is made of Brazilian Pine and contains a burnish of Dark Cappuccino. Such a treat for the eyes.
- The space under the bed itself is designed as a compound storage space. Here, you will have a table with shelf, three large drawers, and a couple of bookshelves.
- For protecting the kid while sleeping, the 760-CP hs a full-length guard rail which has only one opening near the ladder.
- The strong structure of an all-steel material is perfect for you if you are looking for a durable loft bed.
- Made of Brazilian Pine.
- Dark Cappuccino finish.
- Compound multiple facilities under the bed.
- Working desk, drawers, and bookshelves.
- Smooth finish and great outlook.
- Perfect for any kind of space-saving interior plan.
- The vertical ladders are hard to climb.
There are many of us users who are looking for a not-so-complicated loft bed with no complex structure or mammoth features. All we look for is a simple loft bed with ample of comfort and safety.
Sounds like what your demand is? If positive, then the Canwood Whistler Junior Loft Bed is just made for you. Let’s head over into more of its features-
- Made of Solid Pine of high quality and made strong with metal slats and metal fasteners.
- According to every safety standard you can recognize, this loft bed is marked as safe and sound.
- The finish is completely non-toxic and durable for years.
- Contains a securely fastened ladder for safe climbing.
- The space under the bed can be used as a storage space.
- Contains a number of furniture items for the junior.
- Want the liberty to chose the color of your own taste? The Canwood Whistler Junior Loft Bed has six different colors to chose from.
- Simple and authentic design.
- Made out of solid pine wood.
- Non-toxic and durable finish.
- Additional furniture for the kid is available.
- Safety rail around the entire bed.
- Storage space beneath the bed.
- Six finish colors available.
- A great pocket-friendly model.
- The vertical ladder might be hard to climb.
What you usually get to climb towards the loft bed? A ladder, right? Well, why don’t we put some fun item with it? We’re not replacing the ladder, but adding an extra slide with it. So that the kid can sleep over on it, and can get down with fun.
Combining all these fun features, presenting the #5 DHP Junior Twin Metal Loft Bed with Slide. It’s our recommended product if you want your baby to have much on the bed, and if you have quite some space in the bedroom.
Let’s hover in into some more details-
- This best loft beds for kids is a completely contemporary design.
- Made of a strong and sturdy metal frame. No need to add any supporting box spring or foundation with it.
- A safety guard rail around the perimeter of the bed. Safe and sound from every perspective.
- Contains a space to place a standard twin size mattress.
- Contains a fun slide made of metal and bordered by safety rails.
- Can use the space beneath the bed.
- The additional slide can be removed if you’re running out of space.
- Three different designs with the different frame are available.
- Metal frame with a smooth finish.
- Don’t need a support or box spring.
- Contains a fun ladder with guard rails.
- Guardrails around the bed itself.
- Contains a two-step ladder as well.
- The space beneath the storage can be used.
- Not a great fit in case you have small space in the bedroom.
Eventually, we are at our last product of the array. At #6, we have something that’s satisfying for both parent and kids. It’s great in case you’re planning on putting a workstation of the table in it. Apart from a great structure, it’s our best pick for space-saving and also co-working loft bed.
Here are some more details about it-
- It’s crafted from 100% pure and solid steel and crafted with a powder-coated finish. From the sense of design, it fits almost every interior idea.
- For ample safety, it has a full-length guardrail and two different ladders to ride from both front and back.
- As a great space saving idea, it has a great space under the bed. The height of the bed is 68 inches, which lets you kid to enjoy the entire space beneath.
- To let the structure stand tight, the company has added support straps. So, you don’t have to buy any additional box springs.
- Lastly, there are two kinds of variation. One is with the color(Mint/White). And another variation comes with loft only, and with workstation under the loft bed.
- Made of strong and sturdy steel.
- Smooth powder coat finish of either mint or white color.
- A number of accommodating option beneath the bed.
- Two ladders at both ends.
- Full-length rails for safety.
- 68 inches of space(height) under the loft.
- Easy to assemble.
- Weighs less, and easy to move.
- No mattress included.
Top 5 Best Loft Beds for Adults
Don’t think that loft beds are only for kids. A loft bed that’s made for adult and has some sort of useful space beneath the bed may change your life. Check these 5 best loft beds for adults below-
For adult’s bedroom, you can’t get happy with ‘just a loft bed’ that has a ladder, right? You need both bed and beyond. We are talking about a little space to store stuff, a gorgeous outlook and a promise of a years-long lifetime.
Therefore, keeping all these demands in mind, presenting the top of the chunk, the Twin Over Full Loft Bed in Merlot Finish. Check out the details features below-
- The Twin Over Full Loft Bed in Merlot Finish is made out of solid pine with a deep brown Merlot Gives it years-long durability.
- It’s a complete full twin over loft bed that can house at least three people on it- two at the bottom bed, and one on the top.
- Contains multiple European Roller Glide drawers. You can use them as a safe and sound storage space for all your bedroom essentials.
- The loft bed is 100% mattress ready and contains a complete slat kit.
- The chest is reversible on two sides- left and right.
- The ladder is not too hard or too easy to detach from the bed. There are hooks that hold up the bed and ladder together.
- Made of Pine and Rich Merlot finish.
- 100% mattress ready with the kit.
- The chest is reversible to left or right.
- Smooth glide drawers.
- Storage shelves.
- 4 step detachable ladder.
- A great and elegant outlook.
- A little over the bar price.
Are you a busy professional with a lot of desk job? That’s great. But in case you want to get rid of the ‘low-space’ problem in your bedroom, it’s might be hard. But what about a loft bed that will house the entire desk of yours at the bottom and the bed itself on the top of it?
Well, if that drew your attention, I guess you will be little more interested in our #2 pick, the DHP X-Loft Metal Bunk Bed Frame with Desk. It’s simple, elegant and has everything of your need. Let’s explore-
- A gorgeous black metal finish will be the best reasons for everyone’s likeliness about this bed.
- Such a space saving idea of housing a long desk at the bottom, and a single bed on the top of it.
- The support system is settled up by two pairs of bars and a 2X2 truss system. Holds both table and the bed.
- A 4 step ladder is added on to get on the bed easily.
- Has a capacity to hold up to 200 pounds right on the bed.
- A wide and deep space to house a comfortable mattress.
- Guardrails available for safe sleep.
- A loft bed and a work desk included at the bottom.
- Shiny black metal finish.
- Safeguard rails and front ladder made of metal.
- Can carry up to 200 pounds.
- Available in both black and white.
- Made for professionals or students.
- Only one ladder at the front.
We have just gone through a loft bed with a black finish. Now, DHP Abode Full-Size Loft Bed Metal Frame is the second kind of model of the same type. It contains a fully sophisticated loft bed and space where there is a working desk at the bottom. The desk itself doesn’t only come with the desk, it has two racks to put your essentials, a little vertical board to stick your daily notes and a couple of ladders.
Let’s see more of DHP Abode Full-Size Loft Bed’s features below-
- Ultimately versatility comes with the desk and shelves that comes with DHP Abode Full-Size Loft Bed Metal Frame.
- Two ladders of vertical orientation are provided at the left and bottom side of the bed.
- Safety guard rails to protect you while sleeping. ‘
- Two shelves and a vertical board that can be used to place notes.
- Comes in two different colors of black and white.
- A great space-saving design for low-space bedrooms.
- Contains way more room at the bottom comparing to any conventional loft beds.
- An all-steel model with years of durability.
- Shiny metal finishes in black or white.
- Shelves and vertical space provided.
- Two ladders with ample safety.
- Safety guards all around the bed.
- Ample space under the bed to work comfortably.
- A great buy for the money.
- Verticla ladders are hard to climb.
Now, this is something interesting. So far, we have found spaces under loft beds to be used as workstation or storage space. But this time, we have got one bed that turned this space into an entire sofa set.
I’ talking about the Coaster Home Furnishings Modern Convertible Twin over Twin Workstation and surely, you are going to love the way it’s designed.
- The bed is designed to have a set of sofa, along with a table surface. You can use it to accommodate your guests.
- Made of solid wood with black finish. Such designs fit well with any kind of interior design.
- No Bunkie board required.
- The guard rails are around the bed that provides safety and protection.
- Central 4-step ladder to climb to the bed.
- Extra sleeping space on the bed. Can house even two.
- A great combination of sleeping and seating space.
- Comes with a table surface with the sofa set.
- Safe and sturdy guard rails.
- Central ladder.
- A great finish that enhances your home’s interior beauty.
- 125 pounds high weight capacity.
- The central ladder makes it hard to get on the sofa.
We are at the end of the list of best loft beds for adults. But still, we have one that contains a full sized bed along with a complete workstation under it. There is no added shelves and drawers. Because the entire space beneath the bed is used to place the workstation. So, if you are looking for a larger workstation with one of the loft beds, Coaster Fine Furniture 460023 Loft Bed might be your favorite.
- Unique Ash colored finish with simple, sleek design.
- A fully spaced workstation beneath the bed.
- Contains an additional keyboard tray to place your keyboard.
- To provide full-length safety, an all-around guard is provided.
- Two side ladders to get on the bed.
- Easy to set up and maintain as very few numbers of complex parts are here.
- Large shelves are aligned with the table to place books, albums, or everything else.
- Convenient access to two side ladders.
- Comes with a full-sized working desk.
- Ample space to house your computer, and accessories.
- Built-in keyboard tray provided.
- Black or Ash color finish, gives it an appealing look.
- Affordable and budget-friendly.
- The ladders are fixed with the height of the ladder.
- Hard to move.
Buying a loft bed from the market of 2018 is not all about the bed only. You will be offered with a lot of variation of the space below the bed. Some may have used it to use it as a workstation, some other may offer it just as a storage space. But you have to be very definite about what and which one will be your preference.
Apart from the space, the other factors like bed space, safety, ladder orientation, outlook and material strength are important. Lastly, you need to keep an eye on the price-quality ratio.
Eventually, throughout all these aspects, you would be able to buy one of the best loft beds from the market. And we hope that this article had been all you need from an expert’s side. Best of luck!